Modern Slavery Statement
This statement is made on behalf of Robinson Medical Recruitment Limited pursuant to section 54(1) of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 (the ‘Act’) and constitutes our Modern Slavery Statement.
Our business and structure
Robinson Medical Recruitment Limited (RMR) began in 2003 as a start-up business in Edinburgh. Today we have two offices and operate throughout the UK. Our ethos was the same then as it is now; leading the way in providing the best quality staff to the private and public sector.
Our company values are:
- Making a difference
Our commitment to Anti-Slavery and Human Trafficking
We are committed to ensuring that there is no modern slavery or human trafficking in our supply chains or in any part of our business. This Modern Slavery Statement reflects our commitment to acting ethically and with integrity in all our business relationships and to implementing and enforcing effective systems and controls to ensure slavery and human trafficking is not taking place anywhere in our supply chains.
We will not trade or partner with any business or organisation which is involved in this practice however remotely or indirectly.
Our supply chains
We expect our suppliers and contractors to demonstrate a zero-tolerance approach to exploitation. To this end, at the point of contract renewal we have inserted a clause into every contract we enter with any organisation in our supply chain requiring that they comply with the provisions of the Act and granting us the right to terminate in the event of their failure to do so.
Measures being taken
As part of our initiative to identify and mitigate risks we undertake the following steps:
In recruitment we carry out recruitment checks for each candidate we look to employ including
- Ensuring those in a customer facing role have an enhanced PVG check in the UK
- Ensuring all candidates have the Right to Work in the UK and that the documents provided to us are legitimate
- Ensuring 2 references are sought and these are verified verbally with the referee
- We encourage employees to report all breaches and we allow employees to report any concerns anonymously. We ensure that whistle-blowers are protected within the organisation. Should any evidence of slavery or human trafficking become apparent, we will do all that we can to protect whistle-blowers and those who may find themselves victims of slavery and/or human trafficking.
- As part of our procurement process, we will only engage with suppliers and contractors who confirm their compliance with the Act.
Should any supplier be found to be involved with slavery or human trafficking we will immediately suspend our use of that organisation and provide relevant details to the relevant authorities
Robinson Medical Recruitment